Saturday, September 13, 2014

Women Respond To Bass! Show tracks for Sat. Sept. 13/14

It's with a sad heart that I say goodbye to my friend Julian Belanger. RIP my friend. My condolences to his family and friends. We met years ago when I worked at Dr Disc and found we had mutual tastes in some bands like Ozric Tentacles, Porcupine Tree, Rush, Deep Purple, King Crimson etc. He turned me on to new music and I did the same for him. That friendship and love of music carried on through our mutual work at CJAM. Your memory was dedicated on the show tonight with some special tracks I know you would have liked. I pray your at peace my friend. You will be missed.

We also pay tribute to Robert “Throb” Young, guitarist for Primal Scream. He passed away earlier this week. The first set is dedicated to him.

underworld - dark & long
renegade soundwave - women respond to bass (women respond in heaven)
-----
primal scream - (i'm gonna) cry myself blind
primal scream - stone my soul
primal scream - i'm losing more than i'll ever have
-----2014 mercury music prize shortlist
royal blood - figure it out
anna calvi - love of my life
bombay bicycle club - luna
east india youth - heaven, how long
-----
damon albarn - heavy seas of love
fka twigs - video girl
jungle - crumbler
young fathers - get up
-----
t.o.l.d. - lucifer's eyes
soak - B a noBody
-----northern soul spotlight
jason knight - our love is getting stronger
kenny roberts - run like the devil
lorraine silver - lost summer love
kenny bernard - ain't no soul (left in these ole shoes)
geno washington - she shot a hole in my soul
-----lp session - mazes "the wooden aquarium"
mazes - astigmatism
mazes - explode into colo(u)rs
mazes - ripp
mazes - universal me
the kooks - are we electric
-----
hilary woods - flames
andrew montgomery - after the storm
pale - comeback
dark horses - transistor
early ghost - everything goes with it
-----mixtape memories
lush - superblast!
chapterhouse - pearl
pale saints - thread of light
moose - don't bring me down
-----
famy - friends home
spandau ballet - this is the love
abc - that was then but this is now (unedited)
-----for Julian, RIP my friend
the orb - high noon
porcupine tree - sentimental

No comments:

Post a Comment