Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Need That Record! Show tracks for Sat. Apr. 20/13

I hope that your Record Store Day experience was better than mine. Once again I was disappointed by not being able to get the releases I wanted. I'm not talking about the UK releases, some of which were featured tonight, but one's that should have been available to me here. Nope, I was shut out. I was holding a mild optimism about actually getting the 2 releases I really wanted. But I am growing more and more disillusioned with the whole day. Stores try to get the releases but the distribution of limited edition titles is crappy at best. I probably won't even bother next year.

So I came home frustrated and started surfing online and finding track after track. Enough to make a solid Record Store Day show for you. RSD releases, a few regular new releases and even a few record themed tracks. I actually, ran out of time and didn't get to feature all the tracks I had prepared for you tonight. So next week we'll slip a few stragglers in the mix of new releases, LP session(s) and old favourites. Hope you enjoyed the selection.

the view - i need that record
help stamp out loneliness - record shop
-----
pulp - after you
simple minds - promised you a miracle (12" version)
chvrches - recover
mark ronson & business intl - record collection
the twang - sheep
-----
camera obscura -do it again
edwyn collins & the heartbreaks - what are you doing, fool?
kirsty maccoll - a new england
jake bugg - kentucky
the freshies - i'm in love with the girl on the manchester virgin megastore checkout desk
-----
the blow monkeys - oh my
the strypes - blue collar jane
inspiral carpets - fix your smile
suede - barriers
frankie goes to hollywood - maximum joy
-----
ultravox - all stood still
omd - the future is silent
django django - wor (adrian sherwood hey gringo remix)
everything everything - duet
foals - bluebird
-----
savages - shut up
jesus & mary chain - taste the floor
the heads - fuego
hawkwind - urban guerrilla
peace - california daze
-----
primal scream - i want you
echo & the bunnymen - pictures on my wall
wire - keep exhaling
durutti column - otis
beak> - welcome to the machine
-----
glasvegas - i'd rather be dead (than be with you)
the joy formidable - a minute's silence
-----
bonobo - antennas

Use these handy links to download the show;
Part One
Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment