Monday, March 7, 2011

Show tracks for Sat. Mar. 5/11

Well, that was an eye-opening show...lol Man some people swear like sailors, myself included. Sorry for the late post, but I was in the middle of a cd reorganization last night...and that requires all my attention!
It was the first of two tributes to International Women's Day. The first tribute featured the British solo ladies. We scoured 4 decades of music to bring you these choices. Next week will be the British girl groups (and no I don't mean Spice Girls and Sugababes).
In 2 weeks time there will be a special Rewind! with a couple guests hosts joining me. It's secret for now. I'll let you in next week.

boxer rebellion - organ song
british sea power - mongk II
-----
cat's eyes - cat's eyes
bat for lashes - strangelove
omd - vcr
wild beasts - albatross
-----
arctic monkeys - brick by brick
art brut - unprofessional wrestling
little comets - one night in october
dananananakroyd - e numbers
does it offend you, yeah? - the monkeys are coming
-----
dusty springfield - you don't have to say you love me
petula clark - don't sleep in the subway
sandie shaw - hand in glove
pj harvey - the last living rose
lily allen - smile (mark ronson version revisited)
-----
lp session - noah & the whale "last night on earth"
noah & the whale - tonight's the kind of night
noah & the whale - just me before we met
noah & the whale - waiting for my chance to come
-----
the polysonic - come down
armistice - mission bells (cc)
jenn grant - parliament of owls (cc)
elbow - with love
-----
elbow - the night will always win
erland & the carnival - nightingale
tribes - we were children
locomotives - lights out (best night of it)
-----
gil scott-heron & jamie xx - piano player
adele - set fire to the rain

1 comment:

  1. an awesome eclectic mix of artist here.Well done!You are welcome to read my blog and follow it or comment on it..or both!Trish

    ReplyDelete